Yoga in the workplace
Having long proven to provide many mental and physical benefits, Yoga is increasingly finding its way into the workplace. Benefits include:
Increased energy and reduced fatigue
- Yoga can help to get your heart pumping and blood flowing through dynamic movements and poses.
- Doing any form of physical activity increases blood circulation and promotes oxygenation which is crucial for energy production.
- Stress can lead to lower energy and burnout in the long run.
Improves concentration and focus
- Deadlines, demanding workload and meetings can create a mental clutter that prevents you from concentrating on tasks and making intelligent decisions
- Yoga, meditation and breathing exercises are a great way to effectively silence the noise and free the mind of clutter, aiding productivity.
- The increase in blood circulation from practicing Yoga also helps to improve brain function for a sharp and focused mind.
Promotes team spirit and morale
- Workplace Yoga allows employees to participate in a shared experience regardless of their skill levels and creates opportunities for them to bond in a relaxed and fun setting.
- Stressed employees are more likely to be hostile which disrupts peace in the work environment and therefore affects mood of other employees negatively, causing them to be less motivated.
- A harmonious workplace is more productive as employees are collaborative and willing to help each other out to achieve excellence.
- Yoga has has been shown to lower levels of cortisol, the stress hormone.