Thursday 22nd-Sunday 25th September 2022
Why choose a Funky Cactus Yoga retreat?
This retreat has nature and the Elements at its heart. Our theme is ‘Four Elements‘ so we will be incorporating Mandala yoga working with the Elements Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Surrounded by the beautiful Devonshire coast and the venue’s farm with wonderful animals and fresh produce.
Think; a restful night’s sleep in a geodesic dome, afternoons relaxing with a book, chatting with the other yogis, delicious food, grounding our feet into the earth, sea swimming, waking to herbal tea and fresh smoothies, Yoga in the morning and evening, meditation, self-enquiry, music, coastal walks and beautiful people to share it with.
My intention with my retreats is to welcome people into a healing and regenerative space. Take this time out of the rush of the world to do something for yourself. Not just self care, but a collective space of caring for one another. Connect with yourself, the natural world and each other. We will prioritise that connection with nature and getting a little bit more wild. Lets heal and liberate ourselves from work, stress or any other hardships we’re going through. Come home to yourself and come home to the earth.
“The trees are our lungs, the rivers our circulation, the air our breath and the earth our body.” – Deepak Chopra
“Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.’
Please note: All levels are welcome on the retreat, you do not need to be an experienced yogi however you will get the most out of the retreat if you have practiced yoga before.
Location: Hartland, Devon
Our venue is a beautiful Eco village of geodesic domes. A unique and inspiring space where sustainability comes first. A campsite with a difference. The beautiful basics are encouraged and life is just that little bit simpler. Who doesn’t need a little more simplicity?! A space that’s inspiring and completely unique: a solution to the busy modern world.
Our yoga space is both the great outdoors and a geodesic dome for when the weather’s not so great! Maybe we’ll even get a beach yoga session in!
An outdoor kitchen, communal dining, delicious plant-based, seasonal and nutritionally dense whole foods, smoothies and juices prepared by our wonderful private chef. Allergens can be catered for, please let me know when booking.
(please note this is a rough outline and may change!)
Arrival Day – Thursday
- 5pm onwards: Check in, unpack and freshen up. Tea/coffee and snacks on arrival.
- 7-8pm: Welcome circle and Yoga stretch out.
- 8pm: Light dinner.
Friday & Saturday
- 8am: Wake up, tea/coffee and smoothie
- 9am: Meditation, Journaling and Wake Up Mandala Vinyasa Yoga practice
- 11am: Big Brunch!
- 12:30: Free time – workshop, activity eg. Eden Project, walk, snacks, sea swim, surf lesson, rest, read a book or connect with other on the retreat. (all optional!)
- 5:30-6:30pm – Yin Yoga practice.
- 7pm: Communal Dinner
- 8am: Meditation, Wake up Mandala Vinyasa Flow practice and closing circle.
- 9:30: Big Brunch, coffee/tea/smoothie.
- 11am: Check out.
What's included and more info:
- One mile from the Devonshire coast for all your swimming, surfing or walking adventures.
- Single or Shared Dome.
- Indoor swimming pool heated by renewable energy.
- Tea, fruit, nuts and seeds will be available all day.
- Each Dome has it’s own shower and (composting!) toilet facilities.
- Juices, Smoothies, Brunch and Dinner all provided and included.
- 3 nights accommodation.
- 6 yoga classes.
- Daily Meditations and themed journaling prompts.
- All meals, snacks, teas and coffees.
- Goody bag.
What’s not included:
- Any food purchased off site.
- Additional (optional) excursions.
- Travel to and from the accommodation – if you need help arranging this, please let me know.
Single Occupancy £895pp. Your own dome with a double bed, shower and toilet.
Shared Occupancy £695pp. Shared occupancy of a dome with double or single bed, toilet and shower.A deposit of £200pp is required to secure your booking. The rest of the payment is due 60 days before the retreat (22/08/2022)
T&Cs: If we are put into a national lockdown OR a local/regional lockdown your place will be automatically transferred to when the retreat is rescheduled. If you cannot make these new dates you will receive a full refund minus a 5% admin fee.
Unfortunately, your deposit is non-refundable except for the above case. If you personally are unable to attend the retreat and the retreat is fully booked, I will re-advertise your space and offer you a refund if the space is filled, minus a 5% admin fee. This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies. These remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to
receive a refund unless your space is filled. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover this. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance then you accept responsibility for any loss you may incur.